Dienstag, 7. Februar 2006

The first days in Italy

Okay, I hope this appears in the blog. I'll see..

So, my trip started Saturday night (4.2.), when we took the night train from Mannheim to Milano. Night train means that you have "beds" to sleep on, but there are 6 people in one compartement - quite cosy ;) . I tried to sleep but I didn't really manage.

We arrived in Milano at about 8 am, took our luggage through the city (i.e. the Metro) into our hotel where we left them. We couldn't go into our rooms because they hadn't been cleaned yet.
After this we went took the Metro again to see the cathedral (WOW amazing -I'll give you some pictures when I'm back home!!!) and parts of the old town. All this took the whole morning and we went back to finally get our rooms.
In the hotel we had some problems because there was one bed missing -MINE!!! In the end we all had a place to sleep...
Then we left for the stadium where we watched a football match: Inter Milano versus Chievi Verona. We missed the only goal (by Inter) because it was in the 7th minute and the line at the box office was too long :( . It was fun anyway! In the evening we had an all-you-can-eat dinner which was very good because my lunch had been one packet of chocolate cookies...
That was Sunday (5.2.).

On Monday (6.2.), after having slept very good, we visited the Scala - the famous opera of Milano. We had a guided tour though the museum there which was boring because it was in Italian -> which I do not speak :) . After some free time we returned to the hotel, took our suitcases and left for Mondovì where the partner school is. On the way, the train to Torino had to stop for a very long time, so we missed the train to Mondovì and so we were one hour late...
We were all happy to see our partners again. I had a yummy Italian dinner and then went to bed.

Today (7.2.): We went to school and were welcomed by the headmistress. Then we were splitted into groups and sent to several classes. It was funny there: I was in a only-girls class and at first, they didn't want to speak German, but then we talked quite a lot. At lunch break we got sth to eat from the school and then we left the school to see the Mayor.
After this, we got free time. So we had a look at the market...
Lunch at "home" was yummy again (I LOVE ITALIAN FOOD!!!). In the afternoon we went to a shopping mall (but I didn't buy anything). Now I'm off for another yummy Italian dinner - I'm hungry!!!

I'll write again as soon as I can!
Kommentar veröffentlichen